1. The M.V. Fiji Princess is a small ship, only 55 metres in length and maximum of 68 passengers onboard at any time. You do need to be comfortable with this type of sailing which is more akin to Expedition style Cruising than Large ship Cruising.
2. Pack more than one set of swimwear as you will basically live in bathers! The water activities were amazing, snorkelling in crystal clear warm waters, swimming with the sharks and some of our group were even lucky enough to be able to swim with Manta Rays.
3. Be prepared to be social and participate in onboard activites! All meals are served buffet style at set times so you will be dining with your fellow passengers at every meal.
4. Interact with the Fijian crew and locals on the islands, it’s a truly unique way to find out about their lives and they are among the friendliest people on Earth!
5. No need to pack any formal wear at all, the atmosphere on board is super relaxed and whilst the cabins are air-conditioned, all of the main deck areas are open to allow you to enjoy the beautiful Fijian weather.
6. Be aware that you do require a high standard of mobility and a high level swimming ability for this cruise. There are no lifts or accessible facilities on board and all of the islands require a tender where you usually just off into the water to disembark. Some of the activities, such as swimming with the sharks, require you to jump directly from a tender boat and then climb a ladder to board