1. Be sure to spend an evening at the BB King’s Blues Club for an incredible live music experience. Performers are trained at the original BB King Club in Memphis. Great singing and lots of dancing to be had.
2. The new Billboard Onboard performance space is also a great way to spend an evening with two talented pianists playing and singing hits from all the decades. Grab a drink or two and soak in the buzzing atmosphere that naturally comes with the audience participation.
3. Make sure you eat an a-la-carte breakfast in the main dining room at least once. The best breakfast menu I have seen on a cruise ship! An extensive choice of sweet and savoury options with all the classics. There is also an excellent lunch menu that changes daily, and of course a multi-course dinner each evening.
4. Try the specialty restaurants on board – Canaletto, which serves authentic Italian, and Pinnacle Grill which serves dishes inspired by America’s Pacific Northwest.
5. After enjoying a wonderful dinner at any of the dining venues on board, head to The Mainstage for a performance showcasing comedy, song, dance and more, including the exclusive BBC Earth Experiences live show PLANET EARTH II.
6. Some of the ways to spend a day at sea other than relaxing by the pool include having a treatment at the Greenhouse Spa and working out at the upgraded gym. Food lovers will enjoy the live cooking demonstrations from America’s Test Kitchen.
7. Holland America Line takes hygiene very seriously, with NO self service in the Lido Market (the buffet restaurant) on the first two days of the itinerary that I sailed on. Staff served all guests all food AND drinks to ensure a healthy start to the cruise for all on board.
Holland America Line’s target market is 45 years+. The average age globally is 58 years old.
I was very impressed with the dining options on board, along with the vast variety of music and entertainment available, and highly recommend Noordam for guests who place both of these criteria high on their list when choosing a cruise holiday.