1. Eat in the Grand Dining Room at lunch. On one of your sea days, be sure to make your way to the Grand Dining Room for the lunch service, which features wonderful signature dishes from the specialty restaurants; Jacques and Red Ginger.
2. Try The Finest Avocado Toast at Sea. As a favourite breakfast item for many Aussies and Kiwis, being able to have Avocado Toast evokes the feeling of home when you are sailing aboard one of Oceania’s ships. I ordered it on more than one occasion for breakfast in the Grand Dining Room and from the room service menu, and it was made and served perfectly every time.
3. Impress newfound friends at trivia. After a day ashore exploring, a wonderful spectrum of enriching activities awaits you on board, including engaging guest lectures, Aquamar Spa treatments, a bridge tournament or my personal favourite, trivia contests. Not only are these afternoon contests a great way to meet other guests, they are also a lot of fun.
4. Order food à la carte. In all of Oceania Cruises’ restaurants, all dishes are made to order. At the Terrace Café, be sure to try freshly cooked seafood or steak cooked exactly to your liking. The staff can also create a bespoke tossed salad for you to accompany it.
5. Upgrade your beverage package. If you choose the House Beverage Package as part of your OLife Choice amenities package, I would recommend upgrading to the Premium Beverage package for $US20 per day. This is great value and meant that I could enjoy cocktails poolside without having to pay any extra surcharge or tips.
6. Try a ‘seafood and eat it’ diet. If you like seafood, you will be spoilt for choice on an Oceania Cruises voyage. The daily offerings of locally sourced seafood are incredible. Among my favourites were the Octopus Carpaccio with Champagne Vinaigrette starter from Toscana, and the Whole Maine Lobster Gratinée from Polo Grill.
7. Walk the deck. Walking the deck at sunrise or sunset is a great way to start or end the day, and a popular form of exercise for guests, with 13 laps adding up to a mile.
8. Upgrade your experience. If you prefer a stateroom with a veranda, then consider upgrading to a Concierge Level Veranda on your next voyage. The added bonus of free laundry, a dedicated concierge staff member to assist with restaurant bookings and complimentary access to the Aquamar terrace and mineral spa equates to great value, plus guests also receive a complimentary bottle of champagne on arrival!
9. Pre-book your shore excursions. If you like taking shore excursions, be sure to lock them in before you sail. If you pre-book six shore excursions, you will benefit from a 25% discount.
10. Book onboard and save. If you’re like me and start thinking about your next holiday as your current one is coming to end, you’ll be pleased to know that you can actually benefit from trying to get ahead of the post-holiday blues with Oceania Cruises. Be sure to visit your onboard Oceania Club Ambassador to discuss your next cruise and learn about exclusive onboard savings. If you book through a Travel Agent, your booking information will be forwarded to them to look after once you return home.