1. Space. I know some think large ships aren’t for them and that they would be crowded. We found the opposite. The lounges, dining areas and bars have bold design and furnishings and the entertainment and hospitality differs dramatically from space to space. It’s designed so cleverly that you can have a vastly different holiday than the people staying next door. It’s tempting to find your favourite space and settle in night after night, but make sure you venture out and try some of the others. For us, the favourite was Vintages – Johanna knows exactly what cocktail you want without you having to choose.
2. Sea Days. While we had a magic time in the Whitsundays and Far North Queensland, we picked an itinerary with a lot of sea days to truly explore this magnificent ship, and I’m so glad we did. There is so much to do, and not do, that by the end of the week we really felt at home.
3. North Star. The extended experience on the North Star is remarkable, floating above the top deck and then over the side of an always impressive Quantum Class ship. It booked out quickly so make sure you reserve it early on through the app.
4. Dining. There’s so much to do see and do on Quantum of the Seas – especially when it comes to places for dinner! We found toward the end of the sailing that we had a yearning to have visited the Main Dining Room more as we’d overlooked it in favour of the more famed dinner spots, but it really holds its own.
Deck Plan. The deck plans and cross sections on each deck point in the same direction as the ship, a handy way to know which way is forward and which way is aft.
5. Your Next Cruise. There are some excellent Next Cruise offers on board and guests were taking advantage of it. You can put a deposit down on a future holiday (yet take up to 12 months to decide which ship and sailing you want to take) and get some instant on-board credit for use in the spa, shopping, or dining. Understandably then the Next Cruise team was in hot demand, but you can just fill in the form and drop it off to get the benefit this trip, without having to take time out from your holiday.