1. Don’t be put off by the size of the Oasis Class ships! The ports in Florida are specially built to handle the size and number of passengers that these ships take. Whole check-in experience from being dropped off kerbside by a taxi, to ordering a drink onboard in the bar took less than 45 minutes! And despite the number of passengers, 5400, these ships are so big with so many options, I never waited in line for anything.
2. Oasis Class ships have a huge variety of cabin types available, Ocean View Twin share cabins are well appointed and perfect for couples/friends who like to be out and about exploring the ship
3. Fancy taking a walk through Central park? Or riding on a carousel whilst enjoying a gourmet hot dog? You can do both whilst still at sea on Oasis class ships!
4. Order a drink and take a seat in the Rising Tide bar, essentially a bar on a large elevator that takes you between floors with a view!
5. Try a specialty dining experience, the food on Royal Caribbean is always plentiful with 25 different dining options (Pizza at 4am anyone?) and great, but the specialty dining restaurants are a step up! If you love silver service and fine dining, definitely book into 150 Central Park for a foodie experience you won’t forget!
6. All pre-purchases made on your cruise planner for Royal Caribbean are charged in AUD so this makes it a better option than buying onboard
7. There are quite a few different Caribbean itineraries available, I personally loved this itinerary for its mix of history and Culture in Puerto Rico, the uniqueness and international flavours of St Martin/Saint Maarten and the beach and adventure activities available on Labadee – one of Royal Caribbeans’ own islands which includes the longest and highest Zip Line at Sea – which was so much fun!
8. All Oasis Class ships dock, they don’t tender so perfect for any guests with mobility issues
9. If you are a social person, join in a trivia session, or one of the many organised games and activities and make new friends from all over the world!
10. No matter if you prefer to sit quietly around one of the 14 pools and relax, or party til dawn in the open air nightclub on the top deck, there really is something for everyone on board!