1. Maasdam is the only Holland America ship to be dedicated to Exploration Central (EXC) voyages. That means in depth destination lectures and shore excursions.
2. Maasdam has an on-board art gallery that features an extensive range of artwork. This ship has lots of beautiful artwork which complements the classic theme of cruising.
3. There are 14 decks on Maasdam. The main pool is called the ‘Lido Pool’ and is located on Deck 11. If the weather is bad outside, there is retractable roof – so you can still enjoy the luxury of the pool.
4. The kids club in Maasdam has been taken off but Children are still welcome on board as always.
5. Explore the different dining experience with food and wine: Lido Restaurant, Carnaletto, Explorations Café etc. Especially the Pinnacle Grill – The steakhouse on-board offers an intimate dining experience.
6. Maasdam has scaled down big broadway shows off but there are different kind of small shows with comedians, dancers singers, tribute show etc coming onboard.
7. The ship is going to sail in Alaska in 2020.
8. This ship is great for those who don’t have a budget for ultra-luxe exploration cruising.
9. Target market is 45 years+. The average age globally is 58 years old