1. Pack light. There are no formal nights onboard Azamara, everyday is country casual. We also have a self-service laundry onboard so you can wash and wear at your convenience.
2. Bring a camera. There are so many sights to see on a Destination Intensive voyage, whether it’s a smart-phone with a great camera built-in or you have your favourite camera, get ready for all the sights!
3. Download the Shore Excursion booklet. You can access the full shore excursion guide prior to sailing and pick from many unique experiences per port. My favourites are some of the Local Immersions. Dig deeper with specialised experiences that connect you to the people, traditions, natural wonders and cultural riches of Azamara’s port visits. Walk historic streets. Meet local families. Explore the outdoors. Share local cuisine. These excursions are limited to just 26 guests, so you enjoy the time and space to ask questions, exchange ideas, and really connect.
4. White Party. We have one event you don’t want to miss and that is our White Night party. It is a night of celebration onboard when we are in harbour for a late stay. Including entertainment from the local area, amazing meals prepared by the Senior Officers including the Hotel Director’s desserts! Wear your favourite white outfit and don’t forget your dance shoes!
5. Download the Back-Roads App. This will give you a lot more information about your adventure, and will help to assist in your planning.
6. Good walking shoes – Italy has so many wonderful locations to visit, but the roads and paths aren’t always new. Be prepared as many Back-Roads Touring Guides will invite you to join them on walks of the local towns to see and learn more.
7. Light layers of clothing. We are traversing through a multitude of terrains and altitudes, so practicality is key.
8. A hunger for knowledge. If you want to see it, hear it , smell it, or taste it – connect with Back-Road’s local tour leaders, as this is their home and all they want to do is show it off!